View Single Post
Old 19th August 2007, 10:35 AM   #30
Dajak

Hi Michael what I am trying to say that it is mostly time blocks like 1800-1825
1825-1850 in movement and changes like from kampilan / mandau to gun .

....tribes disapear .....

....new tribes coming .....

So that is always difficult I never visit Borneo but now a little bit more about the mandau Jimpul than most off the people that live there (Because now they make shows overthere to please the tourist people)so that is no excuse If some one has been there or not it is only an time moment ( I did visit bali in 2001 and in 2006 and did see a lot off difference in only 5 years ,
what you think there will more difference if I wait 25 years .

The best mandau Jimpuls Kampilans are out side Borneo / Philipine why the wood from the old mandau or kampilan suvived because they where taken early from there)

Stone did thell the kampilan is used bij the seadajaks he might have seen a few with kampilan s it is also not sure if the kampilan find his roots in the philipine we do not now 100 % maybe it was coming from celebes timor and developt bij the philipine people there is not 100% proof.

It is always hard to find out the right tings mostly many idea s and if Evans say so maybe hein tell different but who to believe .

(maybe we want Evans to belive because we like his story but is it true Evans did go out by him self
Hein did take a few people that have been there and study so I am like more a few people telling somthing than only stay with one person .)

And if we take a look at the map we can see that Evans not get an great area because he would have seen that the murut s are there would also tell some about the murut s .

some pic s off my kampilan I think this one is from Boneo

Ben
Attached Images

Last edited by Dajak; 19th August 2007 at 10:55 AM.
Dajak is offline   Reply With Quote