Thread: sundang
View Single Post
Old 18th March 2009, 12:38 AM   #24
kulbuntet

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
I think that the Bali hilt in this photo is just there to prop up the sword for the picture.
I don't have the Jensen Krisdisk yet, but i wonder if the progression isn't backwards here. Aren't Bali keris styles in essence based on Javanese keris styles? Of course they evolved over the years, but didn't many Javanese empus migrate to Bali when Islam took over that island? So i wonder what period the Javanese keris that you think have a Bali style are from.
Can you post some photos?
I have some nice examples on the krisdisk of Jensen. From Balmbangan/north east Jawa, some of them date 17th cent.But do you think before the arival of islam there were no keris on bali or lombok? the I wil try to upload some. but not now, need some time.. have to sleep now for few hours.. work tomorow
gonna try tomorow.

And for Sajen. I dont have anny pic of that blade. Since it not on my site and the sarong needs work. Aswel does the blade (waragnan) but iff i can time tomorow, i wil try to make a pic and post it.

Regards Michel

PS Im not saying that this blade posted here is from anny area, My opinion on this moment is like Alam Shah. See manny influences in it.. but not engouh to know witch is the most posible. I stil have doubts about, but maybe most likely is kalimantan..but stil a "gues"

Last edited by kulbuntet; 18th March 2009 at 12:54 AM.
kulbuntet is offline   Reply With Quote