View Single Post
Old 15th January 2018, 12:56 AM   #1
Robert
EAAF Staff

Default Luzon Camp Knife ?

As I have not posted anything new in quite a while now and because I have never seen another knife quite like this before I thought that it would be something interesting for discussion. Listed as being brought back from the Spanish American War Philippines the only way I could think to describe it would be as a camp knife from Luzon. It is a fairly heavily made piece measuring 12-1/2 inches in total length with a blade length of 7-1/4 inches, 5/16 of an inch think at the hilt and 2-1/4 inch at its widest point. The blade is still almost razor sharp and the knife retains its original embossed leather scabbard. The hilt which was covered in a layer of varnish when it arrived is made of sections of lighter and darker water buffalo horn separated by brass plates. The butt plate is unusual in that is made of darker horn instead of brass as one would expect and is topped with the double flattened brass beads. There is still some varnish evident on the blade that I missed until after I had taken these photos. As always any and all information or comments anyone would care to offer on this piece would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
Robert
Attached Images

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote