View Single Post
Old 2nd December 2015, 01:01 AM   #5
Robert
EAAF Staff

Detlef, Thank you for tour thoughts on this piece. I am very happy that seeing as you were also watching it as well that the seller accepted my offer, lowered the price and let me snag it on a Buy It Now without someone else grabbing it up first. I think that the mismatched scabbard threw others off as well.

Rick, Thank you for posting the measurements of your dagger here for comparison. Mine might have more dots, but yours has dots and those neat plates on the sides. I just noticed that yours and the one in the photos posted below both have the dots and plates on the hilt. Now I feel cheated.

Ian, What makes me think that these pieces are from Batangas are the hilts themselves, some of the discussions we have had on them here on the forum as well as ones that I have had with Migueldiaz AKA Lorenz from Filhistory. Here are a couple of photos of a sword with a very similar hilt style. I have another that is marked in a similar fashion somewhere and have been trying to locate it to post as well, but no luck so far.

Best,
Robert
Attached Images

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote