Thread: Oils
View Single Post
Old 17th March 2008, 09:56 PM   #15
A. G. Maisey

I've been mixing sandalwood + kenanga + liquid parafin for years and years. Mostly I've used oil I've bought in Solo, but on a couple of occasions when I've run out, I've bought stuff from the nearest hippy shop. I've never had the slightest difficulty.

I just mix it roughly by guessing at the quantity---half a bottle of medicinal parafin, add almost the other half of sandalwood, top up with kenanga, and shake the bottle. If its cold weather I put the bottle in warm water for a while before I shake it. No tricks involved.

Bill, I reckon that you've got this fragrance in a base other than oil, as you guess. My wife has just got back from Solo, and I had her try to buy some of the oil I use when she was there. My supplier there no longer stocks it, but they gave her a sample of what they now stock. What they stock is a good quality sandalwood oil that has been diluted by adding to something other than oil, I think it has probably been added to a spirit base, because it seems to evaporate when you put a drop on your skin, a bit like perfume does, sort of goes into your skin, the fragrance lasts for a long time, but there is no oily feeling where you put it.
A. G. Maisey is offline   Reply With Quote