Thread: Oils
View Single Post
Old 11th March 2008, 03:36 AM   #10
A. G. Maisey

Yeah Ferry, you're right, you can get minyak cendana from Akar Sari, but my experience has been that they're too expensive. I buy pala panjang from akar sari, and damar selo, but I don't buy minyak cendana. Toko Sedap was #1 for a long time for any of this sort of stuff, but according to what my wife tells me, they've fallen into a bit of a hole since I was there last year. I know where there are a couple of other shops that sell oils, but I can't give the job to my wife to chase up a new supplier, because there are a number of different types of minyak cendana, and some have a pretty lousy smell.It'll sort itself out OK when I'm actually there on the ground.

Actually, I rather like melati, but some people have told me they don't like it because its too sweet, too much like a woman's perfume.

My wife's mother owned a jamu factory in Pare, near Kediri. Before she died she had an enormous gudang full to overflowing of cendana wangi. I mean FULL. Within three months of her death that warehouse was empty, all the wood stolen by employees.
A. G. Maisey is offline   Reply With Quote