Thread: Omani matchlock
View Single Post
Old 30th July 2014, 05:00 AM   #5
kahnjar1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert
As David has pointed out, to help keep threads from becoming sidetracked it would be appreciated if from now on anyone who would like to discuss an item not related to the main topic of any thread please do so by starting a new thread dedicated to that item. It will also help to simplify a search for specific information in the future. Thank you.

Best,
Robert

P.S. Great looking matchlock Stu. Any chance of getting a few close-ups of it and are there any engraving or other markings?
Hi Robert, Good point from you and David about changing the subject. I should have thought,as it is one of the things which has annoyed me in the past.
OK here are some more pics. No visible marks at all. The brass cylinders are for the match. The solid one to extinguish it, and the vented one to hold it safely while lit. The holder is not attached to the stock but is held in place by the match cord wound around the stock. This seems to be the usual method.
The barrel is fluted as shown and is "swamped" to an approx. 15mm muzzle
The only piece missing is the pan cover which fits on the peg which can be seen in the pics. Easy to make one I guess as it is just a flat piece of metal.
Overall length is 64" 1625mm
Barrel 46" 1170mm
Bore 15mm approx. Smooth, not rifled.
Hope this is of interest.
Attached Images

Last edited by kahnjar1; 30th July 2014 at 05:49 AM.
kahnjar1 is offline   Reply With Quote