Thread: Dutch Cutlass
View Single Post
Old 15th December 2010, 11:16 PM   #19
ruiter58

Default Marechaussee Klewang

Hello,

thanks for the welcome. First of all I am happy not to be alone anymore.
I have attached a scan of the first lines of the letter I received from the Marechaussee museum. It is in Dutch and states that: " In an answer to your letter I herewith inform you that the Klewang number 671 is an original KMAR klewang from before 1940" I did send him a few pictures of the Klewang. Unfortunately I am not able to make photo's of the Klewang at this moment.

I think that there is a lot of confusion because we can refer to the Marechausse klewang (M1913) as a type (regardless of it's use, either by police forces or actually by the Marechaussee) or as the Klewang used by the Marechaussee (which doesn't need to be a M1913)

I am very curious what the reply of the museum will be on Henk's question. Whatever the outcome may be, this forum shows that it is a very interesting weapon and no matter how many books we can consult, we will always be stuck with unanswered questions. Once I have a camera I will post some pictures on another klewang hoping that someone can tell me some more about the marks on that one.

best regards,
Ron de Ruiter
Attached Images

Last edited by ruiter58; 16th December 2010 at 12:13 PM.
ruiter58 is offline   Reply With Quote