View Single Post
Old 18th April 2014, 08:55 PM   #6
Norman McCormick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchlock
Hi Norman,

Though your Portuguese is way better than mine my command of Latin enables me to perfectly understand what you were saying, and of course I fully consent.
After all, I was not totally 'innocent' regarding Nando's purchase ...
Anyway, Nando is the winner of an important and early barrel that, to most people, sadly is nothing but 'another little noisemaker'. Among those ranked the auction house: their catalog illustration depicted that barrel standing in an upright position, thus proving that to them it merely was a saluting gun of uncertain date.
A small group of connoisseurs knows better though ...

Best,
Michael

Hi Michael,
It is nice to know that Fernando has a 'guardian angel' to back him up as there may be a certain Lady who thinks that he has just bought another length of rusty pipe.
Kind Regards,
Norman.

P.S. I have to confess my Portuguese is from an online translator and as far as Latin goes I was asked politely at school to choose another subject as after two years my teacher had become as frustrated as me at my inability to grasp, as far as I was concerned, the inexplicable conjugation of Latin verbs amo, amas, amat, amamus, amatis, amant, amabo, amabis, amabit, amabimus, amabitus, amabint, amabam, amabas, amabat, amabamus, amabatus, amabant, etc etc etc I think?

Last edited by Norman McCormick; 18th April 2014 at 09:23 PM.
Norman McCormick is offline   Reply With Quote