View Single Post
Old 1st December 2019, 03:44 PM   #51
Mickey the Finn

Two afternoons ago, as I was curled up under my blanket in a foetal position, I decided that if I ever took up the activity commonly referred to as "tagging", (not exactly the same as "graffiti", but close enough), the first thing I'd write/spraypaint on the highway overpass would be "Non-gender-specific third person singular English pronoun NOW". Your upper left photo posted at 04:54 leaves me as firmly convinced as I was three days ago that I'd be morally right in spraypainting that phrase anywhere, not just on a highway overpass. The first language I learned doesn't have this pronoun problem. Although I don't know for certain, and I may be wrong, the hilt figure "looks masculine", and I have to say "he" looks very, very happy now, compared to before. "He" looks nothing less than restored to life. "He" was really, truly deserving of the effort you put forth, and I'm pleased to the point of tears to see that you did right by "him". I thank you, on "his" behalf, and on behalf of those who were before and those who will come after myself.
Mickey the Finn is offline   Reply With Quote