View Single Post
Old 28th December 2010, 12:40 AM   #32
Jeff D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotspur
Lol Jeff,

Maybe you should read Peterson writing that it is German in his description of #18 and begins that dialog with the information.

Out of the original context you replied

Along with the text for Peterson #18, you seem to overlook much of what I have related from Mowbray's eagle book.

Snipped from another section in your reply

You are now actually supporting my argument while being just as nice as pie, right? I am a bit familiar with the texts I have mentioned. Rather than act hurt by your take on my own research, I'll but shrug and ask that maybe you review some of the texts I have referenced for your own edification.

Cheers

GC
All side issues, but, sure I will bite. Nowhere, in 1954 edition, does the description of sword #18 say the hilt is of German manufacture. I am not sure what you want. Is it this excellent 1954 work that you think outdates the 1992 Bazelon work?
To my knowledge not a single brass lion pommel and grip is discussed in Mowbrey's work. Do you think that Bazelon who is noted in the acknowledgements of that book is unaware of the pearls that only you seem to have gleamed? I have reviewed the text and you are talking about apples when the topic is oranges.
Ok I have answered you, now tell me where in the Medicus discredits the Brazelon article.

All the Best
Jeff

Last edited by Jeff D; 28th December 2010 at 01:26 AM.
Jeff D is offline   Reply With Quote