View Single Post
Old 9th August 2016, 10:54 PM   #19
mariusgmioc

@ Detlef

Most of the photos were taken by the professional photographer of Czerny's. So it is his merit, not mine! Mine is only the one detailing the watering of the first knife (the one with green background).

When I got it, it had absolutely no trace of wootz so I had to etch it myself. It was the first blade I etched (but before that I spent tens of hours experimenting on a mundane wootz blade to make sure I don't damage the it in any way).

@ Bob A

As far as I remember, I paid for the second one significantly more than for the first one, despite knowing up-front it is a fully refurbished knife. It is however fully refurbished in the old style, employing genuine materials (elephant ivory) technique and skills. So it definitely is an 100% authentic knife. You can even say it is late 18th century since the blade defines the knife. But the most correct definition would be something like "18th century recently refurbished Indian Pesk-kabz."

Thank you for the sample photos of new engravings! They are definitely astonishing.

PS: I estimated the first one to be from the second half of 17th century (based on comparisons with similar examples). However, it can be early 18th century as well... I guess.

Last edited by mariusgmioc; 9th August 2016 at 11:16 PM.
mariusgmioc is offline   Reply With Quote