View Single Post
Old 14th November 2013, 06:16 PM   #3
jwkiernan

("That's a nice and regionally varied grouping John. I wonder if you wouldn't have been better off showing these in smaller related groupings (i.e. placing the Sumatran ones in one thread, the Bali in other, the Bugis in a third…)
It would also be nice to see close-ups.
I do particularly like your entries from Sumatra.")

David, I'd probably do it that way if I knew where they were all from...I know enough about keris to tell a good one from a bad one but have not yet gotten to the point of being able to readily identify regionality (I am starting to see regional correlations in ukirans to an extent).

Any and all input on regionality, type ect would be greatly appreciated...it is almost overwhelming the variety and subtleties just as it is in any regionally broad weapon type.

Additionally, I would greatly appreciate any suggestions for good available publications to increase my knowledge of the keris in general.

I can provide some close-ups as a good friend of mine is a pro photographer and took photo's of these...would just have to resize. Definitely love keris as well as Filipine sundata...looking forward to learning more! Thank you all!

Respectfully,

John

Last edited by jwkiernan; 14th November 2013 at 08:30 PM.
jwkiernan is offline   Reply With Quote