View Single Post
Old 29th August 2006, 04:05 PM   #54
Antonio Cejunior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunjer
since i'm not getting any response on my email, i would like to know who recieved my visayan sundang and tenegre. as for the damaged scabbard, will fedex pay for it then?
Hi Ron,
Just arrived back in Macau 2 hours ago and allow me clarify one thing
I received your email just about the time I was leaving, so had no time to reply.
So later I made a general post above, apologizing.

Second, one of the most important practices is to immediately show a picture or a set of pictures of the damage caused.

I made sure I left after a period long enough for everyone to receive the pieces.

Pardon me, but we have at least two lawyers here and you all know that you cannot place a claim in a forum or by email by just stating it. You have to prove it, show the damage, the before and the after.
Then insurance prescribes. It does not last forever.

I am very sorry for what happened to you, and am thankful that Mark spoke from his first hand experience. Like what Mark describes, I am absolutely sure that the staff had everything under full control and the boxes and the references and all that.
No Museum staff wants to get problems, and here we do want to take pride in what we do

My suggestion is that Mark and Andrew as lawyers, will possibly confirm that without photographic evidence, formal information, there will be no FedEx or Insurance that will accept any claim, specially when the insurance prescribed.

You see, we do our very best, but the moment you receive the boxes and don't verify the contents, then technically it is impossible to place a claim, and the longer the time, the more impossible.

Far from trying to wash my/our hands I am trying to explain in here so everyone understands. I am most grateful and just because the exhibition has ended does not mean I wash my hands. Not the kind of thing I do.

What I want to say is please post detailed pictures of the damage and the only thing I can offer you, is an attempt of reconstruction from our restoration department after talking to the Museum Director.

Best,
Antonio Cejunior is offline   Reply With Quote