View Single Post
Old 31st March 2019, 10:57 AM   #33
Sajen

Quote:
Originally Posted by xasterix
Hi Detlef,

Not sure about that, as there are no weapon blocks in the MFA styles I've seen and heard of. The only allowable blocks I know of are arm, scabbard, and shield. Regarding fighting, I was trained not to approach enemies on a straight line of attack...that's why it's not likely that the Moro would need to block an opponent's blow. They go beyond the center line, under the opponent's attack, or are suddenly out of reach due to positioning.
Hi Xas,

I don't want to say that MFA is nonsense but I really doubt that in a real battle man against man where it going about life or death it will be possible to avoid blade to blade contact. And the before shown kris with several nicks in the edges isn't the only one I own with nicks, several other Moro blades I own show these nicks in the edges and I really doubt that this coming from children who have "played" with it or that it coming from transport with other blades nor that them get used before from other tribes.
A blade is used primarily to kill or injure the combatant and the fighters will do everything not to get killed or injured and I strongly doubt that a blade to blade contact is to avoid in this case, just my humble opinion.

Regards,
Detlef
Sajen is offline   Reply With Quote