View Single Post
Old 8th May 2005, 02:19 PM   #24
M.carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluErf
It was a nice movie with laudable messages of courage, honour, love, peace, humanity, faith and very importantly, an attempt (not perfect, I agree) at unbiased portrayal of both Christian and Muslim sides. And Ghassan Moussad (portraying Salahuddin) has a laser-beam stare that will burn right through you .

But too bad, many people who saw it were bickering over historical technicalities.

Now back to the arms and armour -- I like the part when Balian duelled with the Muslim cavalier for possession of the black horse. The sword (forgive me, but I do not know the name of it) used by the Muslim cavalier looked like a very efficient slasher with a mean chop.

Now, the close-up of Salahuddin's helm was a bit of a disappointment to my novice eyes. Having seen some of the more ornate helms put on auction before, I thought it could have been finer. But then again, functional armour may not be as ornate as parade fineries.
Yeah, Ghassan Massoud was an excellent actor for this character I liked his stare when they were bombarding Jerusalem at night.

About that Duel in the beginning, that seemed so real! I felt that in any moment one of the actors might hit the other by mistake. I also noticed how 'wickedly' curved and pointed that saif was! It seems like an excellent slasher. I also noticed a very important thing, when that cavalier dismounted and started fighting balian on foot, before he started attacking, he had his forearm raised and his sword's spin over it, with the tip pointing down. Is that some sort of arabian swordsmanship?!
M.carter is offline   Reply With Quote