View Single Post
Old 1st February 2019, 10:06 PM   #5
A. G. Maisey

I have now looked very closely at this paper.

As I commented in my previous post, it would be very easy to be critical of it. The English has the sense of being a translation, but it is not noted as such; there is a peculiar usage of language, and it is sometimes not possible to know what the correct word should be, we can only guess. The writing has the appearance of being well researched, however, if we look closely at the sources used for research, some of those sources are questionable, and some of the statements that have flowed from the use of those sources seem to be influenced by the ongoing low level conflict between those aligned with Surakarta and those aligned with Yogyakarta. Some parts of the actual process of fabrication have been omitted, or perhaps were missed or misunderstood.

However, all of that petty and pedantic comment should be set to one side.

Nothing like this has been previously attempted, and as an overall description of the process and inclusive background information it is ground breaking work.

One could not use the information provided in this paper to make a pendok, but as an overview of the process involved it does give those with a general interest in the matters addressed a good foundation of understanding.
A. G. Maisey is offline   Reply With Quote