View Single Post
Old 31st March 2007, 04:12 PM   #1
wolviex

Thumbs up TIMONIUM 2007 - FROM A EUROPEAN POINT OF VIEW

Dear Friends!

I think this is a proper time for me to remind this year Timonium where I found myself, arrived from far away Poland, thanks to the generosity of Arzti and Avner Yarom and all EA&AF staff which decided to invite me this year with a lecture.

This was a great event, full of work for me but I enjoyed it very much. These were a happy moments I will always remember. I was very happy to meet some of my Friends from this Forum in person (at last!), but on the other hand I'm quite surprise how many of my other fellow forumites were there and we probably didn't recognize each other, or we just didn't know who is who Some of you were missing there - especially Jim McDougall who couldn't visit Timonium this year because of some serious personal problems. Jim - I hope you're better now!

For this year Timonium Seminar I was asked to present a lecture on "Eastern Influences on Polish Arms" what was turned (in subtitle) to rather "Orientalization of military life in Poland in 15th-18th c.". This subject is a crucial one to understand the development of Polish arms in those centuries. I had only one hour, so I could only touch some of the problems. I lingered this speech to 1hour 40 minutes anyway and I hope the guys on the backseats didn't get too sleepy because of me

I was really enjoying the next speech by Erik Farrow on Dayak weapons very much and it is great pity he didn't make any printed work on his researches till now - Erik! The future knowledge on Dayak weaponry is in your hands!

I would like to thank all the people who were bearing a company for me: Artzi, Avner, Roy, Eugene, Philip, Mark, Charles(S), Rick, Nick, Erik, and everybody I could meet on the place! Thank you for a great time we spent together and for your leniency for my not-always-clear-English-and-accent

PS. I'm finishing a correction of my lecture at the moment. Later it should be available on the net provided by Mark and Lee. It won't be as spectacular as in Timonium, were all the attractions were put to PowerPoint presentation in prepared animations. But I hope everybody who couldn't join us there will be satisfied with this small work.
wolviex is offline   Reply With Quote