View Single Post
Old 16th December 2008, 10:21 AM   #67
broadaxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by William V.
There is still a firm working under the name "BPR" and they are working with metal (producing bending machines), but it seems that they are not identical with this firm...

Regarding the question when Souzy went bankrupt (at least it was still a question for me ) I found a remark in a book on fencing weapons by Heribert Seitz in which he stated that Souzy was producing epee points at least until 1961. I don't know how to verify this information, but... perhaps someone else does. By the way, this Mr. Seitz has published some works on ancient european fencing weapons and is quite famous for his two-volume work which seems to be some kind of standart reference book, at least for antique military weapons. The books themselves seem to be sought after, judging the prices

Do you know something about this "PR" marking we had a few posts back on the ebay foil (which went for a horrendous price)? Is it Prieur? They never answered to my request but seem to be in business for some time, they state on their web page:
"Prieur : more than two centuries of skill and experience in fencing equipment. "...

So far

William
Sorry, don't know about that mark. I visited Prieur center in Paris about two years ago, aside sports equipment they supply the French military regulation swords and historical fencing weapons & parts. The electric blade I posted here is fitted with Prieur hilt parts (cup hilt style).
broadaxe is offline   Reply With Quote