Thread: 'Indian' mace
View Single Post
Old 9th November 2012, 05:44 PM   #3
Berkley

FWIW, in addition to the completed auction for "UNIQUE INDO-PERSIAN MACE shamshir sword armor", the identical item is available as a "Buy it now - 1 sold, 5 available" with the identical description. Apparently the previous owner was not only well-meaning but also very busy, cleaning so many of them. The "INTERESTING DESIGNS STAMPED INTO CERTAIN PARTS OF THE SHAFT" appear to have been cast in a mold rather than stamped into the bronze or brass.

The original listing, from 10/30/10, does appear to have a steel shaft and contains within the same description the following: "THE DECORATIVE COLLAR APPEARS TO BE OF THICK SILVER 100% GUARANTEED PRE-1800. EVIDENCE OF ANCIENT DEEP PITTING TO THE STEEL SHAFT AND MANY SMALL DENTS AND MARKS TO THE BRONZE HEAD THE WHOLE THING POSSIBLY(FOR MY TASTES) SLIGHTLY OVER-CLEANED BY THE, WELL MEANING, PREVIOUS OWNER WEIGHS APPROX 2.25 KG ON MY WIFES KITCHEN SCALES 26 INCHES (66 CMS LONG) OVERALL *THIS MACE HAS NEVER BEEN OFFERED FOR PUBLIC SALE BEFORE NOW* *THIS ONE IS PART OF A SMALL COLLECTION OF FINE OR UNUSUAL INDO-PERSIAN-ISLAMIC MACES I WILL BE LISTING OVER THE NEXT FEW WEEKS.*"
On 3/14/11 the next listing shows the brass shaft and omits the language from the original listing.
Attached Images

Last edited by Berkley; 9th November 2012 at 06:01 PM.
Berkley is offline   Reply With Quote