View Single Post
Old 2nd July 2011, 10:22 PM   #7
M ELEY

Thank you, Glenn, for posting these pics. I will try your suggestion next time (sounds too easy to me- ). I confess that I don't have his book yet, but hope to soon. Of course, his book concentrates mostly on officer's swords, while I am more of a rusty cutlass sort-of guy (i.e. Limited by income- )

Sorry to hear you missed out on one of these, Neil. Pete still has several very nice cutlass of the era on his site, but they are not as we say "eBay-priced". You can get his site info from my original post if you need it...

For anyone who might be interested in references to these swords, see Neumann's "Swords and Blades of the American Revolution", examples 368.S, 369.S, 370.S, 371.S. Also, Gilkerson's "Boarders Away- With Steel", pg 77, 89-90.

The great thing about the more primitive types of swords from the Amer Rev is that they are mis-understood and bargains can still be had on occasion. I paid full price for mine, but it was worth it to me. Fills in that part of the collection I needed.
M ELEY is offline   Reply With Quote