View Single Post
Old 1st November 2010, 06:52 PM   #43
Jim McDougall
Arms Historian

Rumpel, I join David in thanking you for reviving this thread. The kaskaras and takoubas are topics many of us here have profound interest in, and I am honestly always saddened when these threads just stall and disappear into the archives. It is heartening to see interest in them, and I always look forward to new entries.
You are unfortunately right, there is always a good measure of lack of interest in pursuing accurate detail in many museums, as they often do not consider such detail worthy of budget issues or even worse, many museums have simply stored away many weapons for PC issues. I know there are many museum professionals out there who read here, and hope you all know, the many of you who take a serious professional approach are well recognized and very much appreciated.
As for the others, we can only hope they will also join in at some point. I know there are probably many of us out there who would gladly volunteer to assist in cataloguing items....I know of several right now doing just that.
Our gratitude goes out to all of you.

All the best,
Jim
Jim McDougall is online now   Reply With Quote