View Single Post
Old 8th June 2018, 08:29 AM   #20
Gustav

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Forgive me Gustav, if i have misinterpreted this comment, but it seems to be a reference to the two Balinese keris that Alan presented not too long ago. If i am not mistaken, your take on those blades was that they were not, could not, be old blades. Are you trying to imply with this quip that you also believe that Anthony's blade is a contemporary creation? If so i would be very interested in knowing what, exactly, you would base that assessment on.
David, please read read my post carefully. I never have said, those blades from thread "Bling" wouldn't or couldn't be old.

In your comment above you even imply, I would have said, they were contemporary creation. That is more then a little bit far-fetched.

Not so long ago Alan did write a post about the precision in the use of language. Perhaps there should be one also about precision in reading a text.

………………………………………………………………...

Regarding Lalu Djelenga's mentioning of silver and brass Gerantim 20 or 30 years ago - Lalu Djelenga was Sasak and Sasak are Muslim. I would not wonder they appeared there even earlier, as Sasak society wasn't a rich one. What interests me is Bali, before 1928 and if possible, before 1908.

Last edited by Gustav; 8th June 2018 at 08:42 AM.
Gustav is offline   Reply With Quote