View Single Post
Old 11th July 2012, 05:58 PM   #18
Ibrahiim al Balooshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantia
Namaste Ibrahiim,

I'm familiar with the construction techniques, but what puzzles me is why this one is Syrian? It seems completely 'standard' in form to me. I've seen this type claimed as 'prizes' of travels to other countries and although as Lotfy rightly points out these are widely 'travelled' it would be interesting to pin it's specific regional 'attributes' for future reference.
I must admit I've had 'some' over the years but none at the moment. I like them, but space is limited!

I have a few Syrian and Egyptian pieces which being similar in style of decoration go well together. I like even the small simple items like this cup:

Salaams Atlantia ~The cup is nice. I think this is a prayer cup reflecting the religious incantations inscribed about the vessel into the water in the cup... and thus into the person drinking it.

When deciding where a pot may or may not be from (bearing in mind that variations are made in several countries i.e. copied styles ) I start by ruling out countries where I know that style is not knocked out~ That narrows the field and with the piece in question I was down to either Syria or Pakistan with a possibility of Saudia. Thats about it ... Not a rocket science and a bit vague but thats the way it is with coffee pots...
Regards,
Ibrahiim al Balooshi.

Regards,
Ibrahiim al Balooshi.
Ibrahiim al Balooshi is offline   Reply With Quote