View Single Post
Old 26th September 2017, 05:12 PM   #27
kulbuntet

Hi Jean and all others,

First, never the less the origin of the blade, reshaping and age, IMO a very nice blade! Providing a blade the looks that are pleasant to the eye within the options and with the intention to do it as good one can do, is never (IMO) a bad thing.

I wonder what the measurements of the blade are, and were when it still had all its luks before reshaping. Maybe this could provide a better view on the possibility if it could be Banten or Bali. The first thing that came up in my mind was indeed Banten, before reading one word. But i will never claim in anyway to be any kind of expert. So that is probably not worth much.

I life in the Netherlands, as some of you might know. And my country in probably one of the country's world wide that have the most kerisses after the Indonesian and Malay area, but i have to say that i did not see much Banten keris here in Netherlands except in museum collections.

The finished result is in my eyes pleasurable to see, and also for the washing result of the blade impressive. Did you get this in the first try? And what type of waragnan did you use?

Kind regards Michel, Amsterdam.
kulbuntet is offline   Reply With Quote