Thread: bardiche
View Single Post
Old 25th June 2019, 06:16 PM   #15
bvieira

Hello,

First of all thanks for all the opinions!

About the holes being drilled after i do not agree, the person/s who build it take in atention several more dificult details, it would make no sense they would leave this weapon (even if it was a modern replica) with no holes, it would not seem a bardiche!

About the weapon not being very old i agree, i have a otoman/russian bardiche as i said earlier this weapons were lightweight and the shaft is not very long, this one is heavy and has a long shaft, i searched and i found out there were a astria/germany version of the bardiche used from the 17th to the 19th century much more big and robust used mostly as a guard pole arm at palaces and castles, having this one a coat of arms in it that appears to be related to Berlin i really think this weapon came from german and was made somewhere in the 19th century as a functional weapon that would have sucess in attacking somebody with a armour instead of a traditional bardiche that doesn't have the necessary weight and rigidity to do it.

Ofcourse i can be wrong in my opinion, this is such a rare weapon that i only manage to found 1 example of a austrian/germany bardiche. If iam wrong i would love to know who made it and buy more weapons from him!

Regards,

BV
bvieira is offline   Reply With Quote