View Single Post
Old 6th February 2006, 10:51 PM   #32
Naga Sasra

Thumbs up

Thank you for the kind words, I can tell you that the use of the walls in my family room and the hallway took a lot of (expensive) negotiation with my wife to get the space allocated.

MANOLO: Living here in South Florida expose my Keris to the highly corrosive enviroment that nature can provide, heat, moisture and an occational bad wind, this problem is solved with the exeption of the bad winds, by having the house at a nearly constant temperature using the air conditioning system year round, this also lower the moisture (humidity) content to an acceptable level.

nechesh: I also have a constant desire to handle my pieces, which I do at least on a yearly basis, where they are cleaned and scented and oiled, and it seems to be working as I have noticed no corrosion on the blades. They are in fact very easy to get down the way they are mounted.

RICK: The hallway is also occupied all the way down and so is the opposite wall in the family room but to a much lesser extend.
They are mounted with three 1 5/8' white panel nails if they are on an angle, two where the gambar meet the gandar and one to support the angle. If they are hung straight just two is necessary. Once the nails are in place I use 28 GA green painted wire (corrosion free) between the two nails and they are locked in place, yet easy to take down and reinstall, the wire can be reused over and over.

Best regards to you all
Naga Sasra is offline   Reply With Quote