View Single Post
Old 21st May 2015, 06:32 PM   #4
CSinTX

Roland, thank you very much for the info. I will read through both sites in full when I get a little more time. The lance head in the first picture does look very similar in basic design.

Fernando, no problem asking these questions. I think we should always ask questions and that's what makes this forum great.

Double ? Yes. I believe this to be the norm? All of the other examples I have found have descriptions that say two holes.

On the edge side ? Yes. Again, the other examples I have found have the holes on the blade edge side. Unfortunately, I can't find any pictures of them turned sideways so the holes can be seen.

So perfect ? I had the same thought. The holes do seem very round. This is a instant concern when examining iron items much newer than this. Then I remembered even the ancient Native Americans used hand drills with stone points to make smooth round holes in materials that weren't too hard. Did the people of the bronze age have the tools to make smooth round holes in something as soft as bronze? I do not know but I suspect so. Maybe someone else can enlighten us.

Best,
Casey
CSinTX is offline   Reply With Quote