View Single Post
Old 18th October 2013, 11:40 AM   #8
thinreadline

Quote:
Originally Posted by William.m
Difficult to point fingers at who the unpleasant dealers are at the Birmingham show as I don't really know most of them by name. But as Tim said they do treat you with an indifference that is quite unpleasant. Some of the older ones just grunt at you with a mild look of disgust you when you ask to have a closer look at the items on display! haha

With regards to the price, in general things are really quite expensive with the nihonto breaking the bank.

I have had some bargains on the ethnic stuff with the dealers selling low-end miscellaneous stuff.
OK .. I am with you now. Yes there is a guy at the Birmingham Fair who just grunts at you and looks at you you as though you have just been scraped off his shoe .... I disliked him for years and then by chance was stuck with him in a long queue to get off the waterlogged site at the War & Peace Show. I got into conversation with him and discovered him to be a most amusing intelligent man , and since then have found out he is great musician and multilingiust ! Well it shows you cant always judge a book by its cover.
thinreadline is offline   Reply With Quote