View Single Post
Old 9th January 2016, 05:43 PM   #16
Ibrahiim al Balooshi

Default 3 dots on a blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by francantolin
Hello,
I post some pictures of my new pulwar sword,
I think it's an indian piece but I'm not really sure.
For the age, I have really no idea.
Anybody knows the origin of the three circles in the blade ?
The blade is interesting with engraved symbols and writings
( Coran ? )
It seems too fancy but the blade is really thick on one side and the other side is a sharp edge ( cf pictures).

What do you think ?
Thank You and Happy New Year !
Salaams francantolin, Occasionally there are a number of dots seen on blades. I have also seen one dot sometimes placed at the tip...and it is not unusual to find gold or brass filling the holes.
I understand that three dots is the construct which keeps away the devil or stops the devil climbing up the blade. Note that the hilt has a five dot geometrical thus giving protection to the hilt.(Hand of Fattima)..thus protecting the sword arm. In Islamic prayer beads there are three beads at the end of the string preventing, it is said, the devil climbing up. The dots are therefor Talismanic from the arabic taslamen (to make marks like a magician) and used as a protective charm against evil.

The Islamic script by definition is also a Talisman often applied to blades . The common one being Bismi'Allah however the entire arabic script has the charm effect attached or what is called the "baraka" effect...

Your blade exudes all of the above.

Regards,
Ibrahiim al Balooshi.

Last edited by Ibrahiim al Balooshi; 9th January 2016 at 06:20 PM.
Ibrahiim al Balooshi is offline   Reply With Quote