View Single Post
Old 14th May 2017, 03:48 PM   #1
Ferguson

Default What did I buy? Borneo/Malaysion Kris blade?

Good day all. Found this on Ebay and the blade made me think of a couple of older small kris that I have. Wonder if it is made from a broken blade? The coin that forms the guard is from "British North Borneo" and dates from as early as 1882 to the mid 1900s. From the lines on the blade I wouldn't be surprised to see a twist core, but that may be wishful thinkiing. Pictures are from the auction. I haven't received it yet.

Auction description is:

" This auction is for a rare original 18th to 19 century Malaysian Warrior's Keris dagger knife with the original hardwood scabbard. This beautiful old Indonesian Kris Blade knife has a very sharp double edge blade, a copper blade guard with engraved warriors, a hardwood handle that matches the scabbard, and the scabbard has hand forged brass rings at each end. Overall this old original Kris blade dagger knife is in very good condition appearing lightly used with a solid handle and some very minor micro pitting blemishes. The scabbard has a chipped knob on one side and minor split seams but is also in very good condition overall. Please zoom in on all pictures for details. This knife measures 19 3/4" with a 14 5/8" blade and the total weight in the scabbard is approx. 1 lb. "
Attached Images

Ferguson is offline   Reply With Quote