View Single Post
Old 16th December 2012, 07:06 PM   #5
Tim Simmons

Thank you Colin. That thought had crossed my mind and at times I felt sure I had a picture of a similar exmaple from Brazil but when I could not find it I fell back on the Solomons. The thing is, I do have a smaller club of the same diamond narrow paddle form which is definately from the Peruvian/Brazilian Amazon as it was collected there by the person I bought it from.
Another collector made a visit my collection as you have and on seeing it informed me that big versions were also made in the area. It could be that now I have one. The addition of white substance inlay is common to the Amazom just as much as it is in the South Pacific regions. I will post some more pictures to add more visual information as soon as I can..

All the other pictures I have of South American clubs are of no help here. They do have white inlay and I have many picture of varrious product like stools, rattles and baskets with block key type decoration. If anybody has any intersting pictorial reference on South American/Amazon clubs please post it here.
Attached Images

Last edited by Tim Simmons; 16th December 2012 at 07:55 PM.
Tim Simmons is offline   Reply With Quote