View Single Post
Old 14th July 2007, 01:46 PM   #42
HanaChu69

Talking Cool!!

Greetings avid patrem collectors,

Ganjawulung – Appreciate the useful and instructional pictures that you’ve share with us. However, I would need a favour from you and the others to check your library of Javanese resources on the mission and purpose of patrem. What qualifies a keris to be categorize as patrem? Does it apply to the length of the blade of a specific range i.e. 20 – 30 cm only as in “sekilan”? Are there any other factors to be considered? Are they specifically being used only as a talisman and weapon? What are their other uses? Are there any specific targeted age group? I personally feel the referencing facts given are crucial and must be accurate. I hope you could shed some factual light to our frequently asked questions.

Kai – Thanks for the link. At least I’m aware that there are quite a few folks out there interested in patrem.

Penangsang – I’m not too sure about Malay patrem and that if we can apply the same context. I know for sure that nowadays it’s difficult to scout for one in Malaysia.

Kind regards,
Hana

P.S – Some questions posed above were left unanswered in other forum. It could be there’s no patrem expert around to provide factual referencing.
HanaChu69 is offline   Reply With Quote