View Single Post
Old 2nd August 2010, 12:54 AM   #10
Matchlock
(deceased)

Location: Bavaria, Germany - the center of 15th and 16th century gunmaking

Hi 'Nando,

Exactly: we never know.

That's why I embedded my argument in a careful phrase: it's the result of many years of reading and I believe remembering that the statemets are based on opinions by Arne Hoff and John F. Hayward.

Anyway, I'll try and look 'em up but would be equally thankful of any suggestion and criticism from your side.

I know a bit of those things but I am certainly not the pope of the subject. Any decisive uttering on that early and little documented topic is, in my opinion, quite brave.

My dear friend, please do assist my learning and I will be extremely grateful to you as well as to anybody else. Ain't this the most important reason of posting and discussing here anyhow: adding and learning from each other?

Please be patient on me, amigo. The range I've been trying to cover for more than three decades is difficult and consequently demanding enough. I guess I tried to state in one of my first posts after being invited to our forum that most parts of the field I've been trying to plow still are, and in all probability will, sorta 'virgin'.

I would, in each case, be happy to learn about the interpretation you got as a kind of neighboring native speaker!

Thanks a lot and best wishes,
Michl
Matchlock is offline   Reply With Quote