View Single Post
Old 26th July 2016, 06:38 PM   #4
Sajen

Hello Leif,

all three pieces have been on my watch list and have thought about to go for them, most interesting has been the Apalit bolo, a very nice knife. Nice also that Apalit is seen on blade and scabbard. I think that it is older as you think, would place it between 1900-1930.

The dagger is a beauty but I was afraid by the bug damage on the one side of the handle, the seller picture of this side was dark and not sharp, sadly you as well don't want to show it really! I would agree that it is from Batangas but think that it is pre WWII, the later examples have sometimes aluminium inlays instead of brass. Would really like to see the bad side of the handle to know if I should be very jealous or only a little bit!

The other bolo with chipped point could be Batangas but I am unsure, age around turn of the centuries, nice piece as well but the broken tip of the blade let me dither. When it was suddenly sold I was a little bit sad but think it come to good hands. I would think about to let reshape the tip when it would be mine.

Regards,
Detlef
Sajen is offline   Reply With Quote