View Single Post
Old 12th January 2024, 09:39 PM   #10
David
Keris forum moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pertinax View Post
Many thanks to David for the information.
We will not “fire” experts, we are all human, and people tend to make mistakes. We all learn, and that’s why we gather on forums to learn something new, exchange knowledge, experience and information.
Took additional photos of the blade. There are traces of corrosion on the blade, no dirt. I have no experience with keris. Please tell me whether I need to polish the blade or leave it as is? Thank you in advance.
No Yuri, you definitely should not polish this blade. That would never be done with this type of blade.
Regarding your "expert", i did not suggest that you "fire" them. I simply suggested you should remove them from your list of keris experts, not ostracize them from your community. LOL!
While i certainly agree that we are all human and here to learn, no one who is truly an "expert" in the keris world would have mistaken the origins of this keris as Palembang. Both the dress and blade of Palembang keris are clearly very different from this one and easy to recognize...for an "expert". And it is you who is here on this forum learning, not the person who presented themself to you as an "expert".
David is offline   Reply With Quote