View Single Post
Old 12th January 2024, 02:47 PM   #9
Pertinax

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I believe that anyone who suggested to you that this was from Palembang should be immediately taken off your "expert" list.
I do understand Kai's suspicion about the blade being shortened. It's length does seem proportionately abrupt. But closer examination of the tip makes this less clear to me. You might be able to tell more if the blade was cleaned and stained and a pamor was revealed.
Большое спасибо David за информацию.
Экспертов «увольнять» не будем, все мы люди, а людям свойственно ошибаться. Все мы учимся, для этого и собираемся на форумах что бы узнать что-то новое, обменяться знаниями, опытом и информацией.
Сделал дополнительные фотографии лезвия. На лезвии – следы коррозии, грязи нет. У меня нет опыта обращения с керисами. Подскажите пожалуйста, нужно ли полировать лезвие или оставить как есть? Заранее спасибо.
С уважением Юрий

Many thanks to David for the information.
We will not “fire” experts, we are all human, and people tend to make mistakes. We all learn, and that’s why we gather on forums to learn something new, exchange knowledge, experience and information.
Took additional photos of the blade. There are traces of corrosion on the blade, no dirt. I have no experience with keris. Please tell me whether I need to polish the blade or leave it as is? Thank you in advance.
Regards, Yuri
Attached Images

Pertinax is offline   Reply With Quote