View Single Post
Old 14th November 2006, 02:36 AM   #9
utami

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOUIEBLADES
My Idea is to create our own book and include pieces from a number of collections considering our formites have the most extensive knowlege and collections of fine old items. The profits from the sale of the book should go to various charities in the third world countries since many of the items in our collections originated from there.

Lew
Quote:
Originally Posted by katana
NICE IDEA LEW,.........would take alot of organizing
Strongly Agree with Loui here

i've visited, taking note & picture from some museum in java that have edge weapon collection ( indonesia tradisional weaponry ) Most of them is very old, unique, rare to find items. And i've interviewed & discussed some of the finest blacksmith in aceh, java, east kalimantan ( borneo ) related to tradisional weaponry & making. This is my personal intrest to study the pattern and style of blade and scabbard and revive the almost extinct tradisional weapon.

if i may, i would like contribute all the works that i've done to this idea. i'll release all the information that i have to forum, so the other member perhaps could add more information base on their knowledge & collection.

just my 2 cents
utami is offline   Reply With Quote