Thread: Who am I
View Single Post
Old 22nd June 2005, 12:44 AM   #10
spiral

Well I try to research a lot of the Hindu Gods as they regularily appear on Nepalese Kothimora kukri scabbards, etc. Which is more my field.

But To me it looks like a beaked Garuda , eating a snake.{Naga..}

which rathers matches these words from a Hindu prophet.....

Lord Vishnu sent a message to Lord Shiva. He sent the message through Garuda, the eagle which is Vishnu's vehicle. Garuda came to Shiva, flapping its wings. When the snake, which was adorning Shiva, caught a little feel of the wind which was being produced by the flapping of Garuda's wings, it started hissing. Although an eagle is the deadly enemy of snakes and a snake would normally slink away when an eagle comes near, now, this snake began hissing at Garuda. It had the courage to do this because of the great strength it got by virtue of the position it occupied around the neck of the Lord. When this snake fearlessly continued hissing, Garuda said, "O snake, you are there around the neck of Lord Shiva; therefore I must excuse you. But just come aside a little, come away from there for a moment." The instant the snake leaves its position, it becomes a meal for the eagle. As long as it remains in its position it gains great strength because of its nearness to divinity.
.................................................. .................................................
So thats what I think! {+no proof just opinion }
Garuda eating a Naga!

Spiral

Last edited by spiral; 22nd June 2005 at 01:25 AM.
spiral is offline   Reply With Quote