View Single Post
Old 12th April 2011, 03:56 AM   #10
kahnjar1

Default Interesting Thread

This thread made me stop and think, as I have been collecting for around 45 years now. During that time my collection has changed directions many times. Started off with old shotguns-mainly English, because they were easy to come by and relatively cheap. Also no problems with permits. From there to English Rook Rifles, Percussion pistols and revolvers, and a large (space wise) collection of Islamic Weapons. Because of present storage space and of course the necessary $$, most of this has now been moved on and I now collect items from the Arabian Peninsula only. Why Arabian Peninsula? The craftsmanship found in these items really impresses me. I am not talking about the cheap and nasty modern "touristy" items which seem to dominate a particular auction site, but those items adorned by craftsmen who know what they are about. Generally replica items are not of interest to me, though I suppose they have their place to fill a gap which otherwise would cost the collector many thousands of $, supposing or course you could ACTUALLY find an example.
KEEP COLLECTING!!
kahnjar1 is offline   Reply With Quote