View Single Post
Old 8th July 2007, 09:59 AM   #134
Raden Usman Djogja

Rick,

forgive me not translating "a dalang with pangkur gedhong kuning song". let me try to translate it " a puppeteer (puppet player) who sing a song yellow manson pangkur". Sorry, still I cannot translate "pangkur" into english. In jawa, songs are divided into several classification. Pangkur is a class of Jawanese song(s). Am I right, friends?

Gonjo,

thank you for explaining "ruwat" and "sukerto" that in your explanation it cannot applied for keris or "goods". yes, I got the same information as you said from my Jawanese teachers when I was in high schools (they were remarkable teachers). Ritual of ruwat and term of sukerto are for human. So, ruwatan applied for goods which people praticing it in my village is not the standard ruwat (pakem). Perhaps, it is a part of human innovation/modification. Hope Hanachu will follow the standard understanding of ruwat and sukerto as you mentioned.

Penangsang,

According to your inquiry how if a certain is used to kill, it is hard to answer. Perhaps, the simple way is to "larung" (throw away) that keris to the ocean or a junction of rivers. However, how is that keris too important for its master? The most prominent heirloom of Djokjakarta sultanate, Kiai Plered, was used to kill Aria Penangsang by Senopati, to hurt Ronggo Keniten by Senopati too, to kill Pragolopati the Second by the Great Sultan's warrior (grandson of Senopati), to kill Suronoto by Prince Hangabehi. However, till nowadays, Kiai Plered is still has important place in Djokjakarta Sultanate. Perhaps, in term of heirlooms of Djokjakarta Sultanate, Kiai Plered is the most important.What is your opinion about this Kiai Plered story?

warm salam
Usman
Raden Usman Djogja is offline   Reply With Quote