View Single Post
Old 31st October 2013, 09:52 AM   #18
estcrh

I also sent a message the Los Angles County Museum of Art about the mail and plate shirt, lets see if they respond.

Quote:
Hello, I am writing to inform your institution that an item on your website is currently mis-identified and it is also not being displayed properly. The item in question is being called ("Breastplate, Iran, 16th-17th century, Arms and Armor, Steel with silver inlay24 x 39 in. (61.0 x 99.0 cm), The Nasli M. Heeramaneck Collection, gift of Joan Palevsky (M.73.5.729a-j), Islamic Art") http://collections.lacma.org/node/221440 This armor is not a "breastplate", it is actually a mail and plate shirt (zirh gomlak or zirah baktar / zirah bagtar). This is not the worse error unfortunately, someone has placed a completely separate form of armor on each shoulder, these are actually a rare form of knee and thigh armor (dizcek), these absolutely do not belong on the shoulders of this mail and plate shirt, they should be dis-attached from the shirt and be displayed, cataloged and inventoried as individual items.

I have provided a link were you can see examples of both types of armor, a little research will show you that the item is not properly displayed or labeled, since your institution has a very good name and people are now downloading these images and copying the descriptions it would be in your best interest to correct these inaccuracies, thank you.

Last edited by estcrh; 31st October 2013 at 01:40 PM.
estcrh is offline   Reply With Quote