View Single Post
Old 19th February 2005, 12:37 AM   #11
engar

Thanks for your kind words, but I prefer any weapon from your collection better than words hehehehe (also a copy of Robert Cato book). I hope that the picture collection increase very soon but I canīt assure it.
I loved the cup-hilted kris.
I love it too, itīs my favourite item from the Army Museum. I will try to take more pics on it the next time, but his position itīs not vert good for pics.
I have noticed that some of the weapons are African mixed in with the rest of the PI stuff.
Yes, they mix weapons from differet countries/cultures but it can be possible to read in the poster of the item near every "shield" the origin of everyone.
The mayority of the Antropologic Museum items comes with the 1887 great exhition about PI. In 1886 the Spanish Government started a central comission in Manila to receive, classify and study all the objects that they received from the provinces and districts. After the great exhibition all the objects became part of the "Museo-Biblioteca de Ultramar". For the moment I havenīt more info about the pieces from this museum but they have a very competent librarian and I hope to have a lot of interesting information very soon. For the moment I have a very interesting photocopies about Metal Working from "Art in Sulu: A Survey. Philippine Studies, Vol. 11, 1963.David Szanton", if anyone are interested this photocopies I can scann them (but I forgot to photocopy the handle working).
All you are welcome in Madrid.
engar is offline   Reply With Quote