View Single Post
Old 6th September 2007, 04:12 PM   #6
kronckew

i've warned a few sellers on ebay, where they were blatently wrong. they do not appreciate it. there was a "19c. indo-persian Kard" recently that i emailed the seller, a dealer, that it was in fact a north african bou saddi knife, gave him a link to the forum discussions on them, and a picture of one here that looked almost exactly like the one being sold. his response was, 'possibly, but the collector who sold it to me said it was a persian kard.' i replied that collectors were known to be wrong, pointed him at another dealer that had yet another one for sale on ebay, but properly id'd as an algerian bou saddi knife. it did no good i am sure. honesty does not get the big auction bucks. i did not bother to say that the carved and painted circles on the handle looked quite new, as did the handle itself and the nice clean red leather scabbard.

if they are dishonest you won't change their mind, or if their brother's cousins friends automechanic thinks it's an authentic Iroquois dagger from the revolutionary war, you ain't gonna change their mind either. they believe what they want. the ones it might help are those who are honest and say they are not sure what it is and have an open mind and an interest.
kronckew is offline   Reply With Quote