Thread: any ideas ?????
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2023, 11:06 AM   #10
Maj-Biffy Snodgrass

Default original auction pics of my 2 pairs.

Obviously Ian you can see that these are not old and have been doctored up just by these original auction pics, which quite clearly show both pairs to have considerable age and the swords even have the original wall hanger wire on them to from when they were displayed, if you can not see age here then you must need better glasses, I think my point is proven, ''ANY IDEAS ON THESE'' if not insults would be gratefully received, oddball's like this that do not conform to regular pattern's or types - styles do often turn up and with good age to, which is why I am still interested in antique edged weapons after many year's in the game, oddball pieces prove that nothing was set in stone and especially from south east Asian regions where in most cases the swords and other weapons we see from the region are as unique as the people who used them, I have an open mind and it is for me and many others like me the oddball pieces and non bog standard pieces that show us the great variety to be had from the region that were collected in colonial times. Snody
Attached Images

Last edited by Maj-Biffy Snodgrass; 27th May 2023 at 11:29 AM.