View Single Post
Old 10th December 2014, 09:47 PM   #8
Kubur

it retains the original form of the English and Scottish pistols on which it was based, and is certainly datable before 1800.

It is wrong, the shape is older and goes back to the Wheelock’s pistols, not only the British ones, may be more familiar to you. More seriously about authenticity, we all know that. May be you didn’t get my point: you have another model of Moroccan pistol who is clearly not the one that you published. The pair that you published is North African, probably Moroccan. The circular butts are more common in Morocco and were indeed reproduced for parades or touristic purposes. I think also that the last one of the first series is older may be 18th c. The others pistols are 19th c. Yes, I showed one miquelet who is a copy of Spanish pistol due to the old relations between the two countries, Spain and Morocco. The miquelet called also snaphaunce for North African long guns. Please, to learn, it is important to listen others and to not be so categorical or haughty. Despite my comments I agree with your last sentence of course!
Kubur is offline   Reply With Quote