Thread: jambiya dagger
View Single Post
Old 29th April 2013, 02:13 PM   #13
Adriboy

Hello.. Maybe my big old family have relationship or friendship with ancestor from yaman, arabian middle east who lalso live hear in Idonesia..

Since this three days, I begin to look at any kind of our native steel material, wood tree and horn or part of the body from animal ( such as ebony wood, teak timber, some other local timber, deer-cow-bull-ivory, tiger claw, pig, crocodile, bear and even jungle hen ) which using for hilt for our traditional weapon/ blade.. But maybe, none of them I see which similar to this hilt.. But the leather of this weapon almost surely look like as our animal leather ( I can said that this weapon is true using animal leather)...

I also read many topics in forum here, and said that if it is a typically dagger from yaman, maybe its hilt is from rhino horn..

So then about the test that you explain to me, is it a flash light test, not burning with lighter test? What about the test with smell hairy burning test with lighter? And also glass magnifier with eyes test which will see the material at the top end of the hilt will look like a bundle of "thin spaghetti"?
Thanks so much for your help.. Have a nice day then
Adriboy is offline   Reply With Quote