Thread: Checking In
View Single Post
Old 17th November 2005, 03:56 AM   #10
Federico

Hello Antonio

First off I must apologize in advanced if the tone of my writing is terse in the next few weeks. Unfortunately the timing of the events that happened occured during a highly busy time for me, and my time that I can dedicate to posting is very limited, and can only be done quickly. So if I sound terse, it is due to the time constraints I am currently in, and in no way reflects an un-cooperative spirit.

Everything I offered for exhibit earlier is still on the table. Though given the recent uncertainty of contributors I can add more pieces as needed (eg. some of the pieces I alluded to in my other post such as a head axeas well as older period textiles of the warrior class to replace the newer contemporary textiles I had previously offered). I am willing to send every piece in my collection (barring ivory pieces) if the need is there.

I still feel we need strong coordination in deciding who is contributing what pieces, so that we can draw out central themes that are more representative of the Sandata. Without some coordination we run the danger of artificially over-representing certain areas of the Sandata while de-emphasizing others due to our own tastes in collection. I feel it is greatly important to get at least a rough idea of who at this point will be contributing, and at least a guess as to what can be contributed (hence the other thread). So if other contributors read this post, please chime in on the other thread. The faster we can figure out who is a contributor and what they can contribute, the faster every other aspect of this exhibit can be accomplished.

Federico