View Single Post
Old 17th September 2007, 05:25 AM   #1
scratch

Default Island made sword

A fond Hello to all,
Thank you for the time and knowledge shared on this forum. As a novice, what I manage to understand is interesting and has led me to begin to appreciate objects from all over the world I have a very small kukri collection plus a few others. I bought this sword as an Island made/Soldier made WWII japanese style sword. I was told it did not have a tempered edge. I thought it may have been tempered so "cleaned" blade and I found to my untrained eye what looks to be a hardened edge. The spine is quite rough, being flat at the tip, raised in the middle and flatish near the hilt. The blade has slight distal taper towards tip. It is apprx 8mm thick through most of length of blade, 31 inch overall, 22 3/4 inch blade, Weight 29 oz. I apologize for asking for an ID on this but I was told that it was a poor quality blacksmith made piece of rubbish. I think it shows some degree of craft. All help and clarification as to how, when and by who this sword was made would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and patience.

Best Regards

Daniel
Attached Images

scratch is offline   Reply With Quote