Thread: Celebes keris?
View Single Post
Old 14th January 2012, 12:15 PM   #27
Harley

Hi David,

Thank you for your explanation, i agree with almost everything you've said.
What i don't understand is that you don't find the old (Bali) sheath nicely made.
I can understand that was a mix of styles, and i was ugly , but it was made properly, maybe my bad photo's has something to do with that.

I haven't read the thread of keris Taming Sari yet, i am now on page 6 and was starting on the last page, so i'll get to it.

Because of all the people who responded in this thread in i am now convinced that it is not a good thing to make a new sheath for this one
It is also not my meaning to change the sheath so i got something to do, to me at the point i heard that it was not a Bugis blade, i thought it was the right thing to do, not thinking of the history that's maybe behind it.

Thanks for the kind words David, for myself i am never satisfied, but i hope with some practice i can do a better job, and i would love to have some nice Bali blades, so we both have something to wish

Alan,

I think in you're case, with the really beautiful keris you have, it's a nice thing to do, but for the keris i have, i don't know.
And for now i still have to try and make a couple of sheaths&hilts, and that is the first priority.
I think that there will always be lose blades, so i am afraid i never get finished
But never the less thanks for your suggestion!

Thanks Detlef, point taken, see above.

I will thank everyone for there contribution on this thread and keeping me on the right track!

best regards,
Ben
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote